You will often hear the phrase hurricane shutters used in Tampa and other tropical storm-prone areas. This term covers a variety of hurricane protection products that cover windows and doors. Master Aluminum manufactures Colonial and Bahama shutters that provide superb wind and debris protection. Additionally, they also add year-round curb appeal to your home. Our hurricane-rated shutters are Florida Building Code Approved for areas of Florida outside of Dade and Broward.
“Are hurricane shutters worth it?” This is a common question for those who are selecting storm protection for the first time. This is also a consideration for area residents thinking of switching from or adding to other protection solutions.
Master Aluminum manufactures Colonial and Bahama shutters that provide superb wind and debris protection
Types of Hurricane Shutter Protection
Drive around Tampa or talk with area residents and you will find a wide variety of options used to safeguard homes during tropical storms. All options vary in price per square foot.
Colonial and Bahama hurricane shutters
This style of shutters are permanently affixed around the windows and other openings of your home. They are aesthetically pleasing and functional year-round. Furthermore, they close and lock easily before a storm.
Other hurricane protection products
- Plywood, as well as storm panels and hurricane fabric are inexpensive. They temporarily affix to the face of the home when needed and removed and stored when not in use.
- Others are permanent devices that are visibly stored at the top or sides of windows and doors.
- Rolldown hurricane shutters – remotely deployed.
- Accordion hurricane shutters – stored on each side of the window, they close locked in the middle.
- Likewise, rolldown hurricane screens are permanent fixtures that store above openings. In the event of a hurricane, they lower remotely or by a hand crank.
- Hurricane glass for windows and doors is a permanent fixture and there is nothing to do when a storm heads for Tampa.
Return on Your Investment
Installing Colonial and Bahama hurricane shutters will you a discount on your homeowners insurance. Having hurricane protection makes your home more appealing when it is time to sell.
Colonial storm shutters
Do not discount the value of curb appeal. Colonial hurricane shutters offer a classic, finished look to a home. Further, compared to decorative shutters, you will receive more value from your investment compared to decorative shutters. Colonial hurricane shutters are both functional and will protect your home from hurricane-force winds and flying debris. Additionally, if you are on vacation, simply close and lock your shutters. They will deter intruders without detracting from the look of your home.
Bahama storm shutters
Bahama hurricane shutters add island charm to Tampa cottage style homes. This style of storm protection has hidden value in being deployable not only from outside but also from inside your home. Those who have difficulty with mobility will find this a great advantage. An extra financial benefit is that these shutters provide all-day shade from the rays and heat of the sun. You will realize savings on your energy bill.
Master Aluminum Colonial and Bahama hurricane shutters are a wise investment for your home in Tampa.
- You will get a discount on your insurance.
- Protection that is easily deployable and permanently affixed has advantages.
- Their aesthetic value and functionality increase the resale value of your home.
- You may also realize savings on your energy bill.
Contact us today!
To find a local authorized dealer of our Florida Building Code Approved hurricane shutters, send us a message online or call us at (727) 725-1744. We encourage you to view our video on how your shutters are made.